The holidays are considered the “most wonderful time of the year,” but all that seasonal cooking, decorating and home entertaining causes about 230 people to visit emergency rooms each day in November and December....
Cocoa Krispies Football Treats Recipe – Fun For the Big Game!
This is one of our favorite recipes and it is just perfect for the big game or team parties.
COCOA KRISPIES FOOTBALL TREATS
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce package marshmallows (not flavored)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies® (no knockoff brands)
- Tube of white frosting (I prefer the Wilton White Cookie Icing)
1. In a large pan, melt the butter using the lowest heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir them until they completely melted. Mixture should look like cream.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter until completely melted.
4. Stir in Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal until well coated.
5. Let the mixture cool a little. Butter your hands and shape mixture into 3-inch footballs.
6. Decorate with with the Wilton White Cookie icing.
TIPS & TRICKS
You can make different sizes of footballs. This gives different portion sizes.
Always use fresh marshmallows. They taste better and provide a better end product.
Only use butter, no substitutes.
These treats are best served the first day although they last for 2-3 days in my Tupperware.
Can be frozen but I don't recommend. They don't taste as good.
Can be made in the microwave although times may vary.
Why do use ONLY Cocoa Krispies?
Honestly, I grew up eating Kellogg's Rice Krispies and I have made a lot of Rice Kripsy Treats in my day. I have used offbrand rice cereal a few times and it never tastes the same. The only cereal I will use is the original.