This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boursin. The opinions and text are all mine. We love hosting parties around here. We love cooking and creating new recipes. One of...
Cinnamon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt #McCormickBakeSale
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have teamed up with 35 other bloggers as part of the The McCormick Kitchens Virtual Bake Sale. Since everything is all online, no money will change hands BUT I could definitely use your help winning the bake sale with my team.
All 36 of us have been split into teams of six and we are competing against the other five teams. Every “Pin” on Pinterest of my recipe or one of my teammates recipes from the McCormick Virtual Bake Sale Board counts as a bake sale purchase or vote.
My two favorite flavors to combine are chocolate and cinnamon so I was totally inspired by the Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from McCormick. Cinnamon is earthy and woody which makes it a perfect companion to the semi-sweet chocolate that I used.
This time I tried something a little different. I am loving the flavor of salt combined with something sweet. Adding the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt gave this recipe some texture (a nice crunch) which just causes the flavors to explode in your mouth. The chocolate, the cinnamon, the vanilla, the glazed pecans and the sea salt gave some intense flavors that combined so perfectly together. The taste is amazing!
CINNAMON PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH PINK HIMALAYAN SEA SALT
1 1/3 cup (2+ sticks) unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
½ cup white granulated sugar
1½ cup packed brown sugar
2 large brown eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Cinnamon, Ground
2¾ cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (add more to for taste and texture)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
2 cups of glazed pecans (see recipe below)
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (never be stingy with the chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. I used my Kitchenaid and beat the mixture for about 4 minutes on medium speed. The mixture should look like this:
4. In a separate bowl, I added the baking soda, baking powder and flour. I ground up about two teaspoons of the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and sifted that into the mixture:
5. Next add the cinnamon and completely blend the dry ingredients.
6. Fold the creamed mixture into your dry mixture bowl. Fold completely until there is no flour visible. Add chocolate chips and pecans making certain that they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. The cookie batter should be very thick at this point.
7. Make 2 inch round balls of cookie dough and place them onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes (10-12 minutes for smaller cookies). Make certain that the edges are golden brown.
8. Take cookies from oven and place them on cooling rack.
45 minutes. If your children are helping, double the time.
10-14 minutes depending on the size. Cookies should be golden brown
2 1/4 tablespoons butter
2 3/4 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 1/4 tablespoons real maple syrup
2 cups pecans (8 ounces)
1 Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and then add brown sugar and syrup. Mix well. Cook until bubbly while stirring constantly.
3. Add pecans. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until all pecans are thoroughly coated. Spread mixture onto non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with a light mist of cooking spray.
4. Bake 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and cool completely.
5. Crush in a sealed bag with a meat tenderizer until pieces are very small. Seal in air tight container until use. Last about 2-3 weeks.
SEE THE #MCCORMICK BAKE SALE TEAM RECIPES HERE
Please check out my McCormick Bake Sale Teammates. Their recipes look amazing!